Monday, May 2, 2011

Victory?

I don't think there is a person in the world who hasn't heard about Bin Laden. I have mixed feelings on this, I understand what America is feeling for sure, but its a bittersweet situation to me. I can't sit and cheer, when my mind keeps thinking, 'What is going to happen now?' He wasn't the one in those airplanes, he was the mastermind behind it, a person able to provoke such outrage, that such destruction and death followed.
Watching the news this morning made me cry, a family recounted the story of losing their daughter. I think it brings up a lot of the past for everyone involved, and as the lady said, she was glad that they found him, because she never thought they would.
Its surreal to think it has been 10 years, 10 years since this man eluded everyone trying to catch him. It is finally over, and if anything, now he has to answer for what he has done to so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment