Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hmmm

So, I really don't have the drive to do anything that I need to get done. I had a busy day, hardly have much time anymore to wrap my brain around everything. I watch a baby 4 times a week, and I have kids of my own, plus I have been editing all my books, besides the third. I am actually working on the second as we speak. I really am dead set on getting this done, so far with the help of my best friend Brandi, we managed to polish Wingless amazingly (in my opinion) but I learn something new everyday, that is what I enjoy about being an indie, I like learning all of this stuff. So right now books 1 and 4 have been gone over nicely. Book 3 is being worked on by Brandi, and I am on page 60 of the edit of book 2. All that will be left is book 5, and I am actually very excited about this. I want to read this one again, sometimes I forget every detail. Once all the editing is finished I will start back with writing book 6, that one could be finished in weeks if I really buckled down, I am probably 200 pages in it already. So many goals, so little time.
On to another cool part of being an Indie Author, I have really been doing well with sales. I have my books on Kindle, Smashwords and Nook. I also have actual book form on Lulu. But my main focus is ebooks now, I really enjoy this way better.
I was reading a lot of blogs today about other indie authors and their stories of publishng, so I figure I would share mine with whoever wants to read...
I had added my book Wingless on Amazon Kdp back in January I believe. I don't even remember why I did, I really didn't even know what the heck it was even. I never looked at it again, it wasn't until March when I received and email from a girl, that I was intrigued. She asked me if I had my books available through Kindle. And so I emailed back and told her that I would put them on there. So this is when it started, I did so much googling of how to go about this, what to do, not to do, etc. I wanted to know the best approach to getting word out about my books. I found groups on fb, groups all over the place, I read the stories and blogs about other authors and their success at publishing books this way, and I was totally excited. I think I will make a seperate blog of all that I have learned so far, on what worked for me. I say March was my starting month for selling on kindle and Nook. March I sold around 24 books, and this was exciting to me. April I went from 24 to 186, and this month of May I am currently at 117 and its only the 11th of the month. So I can say I feel my hard work has paid off. I fell in love with the Book Junkies group on Fb they have been a godsend, its so nice to have other authors and readers to relate to, that aren't rude. I love it. I love hearing from the readers, its the most exciting part of writing to me, and I am starting to hear more and more. I wish I could sit and write everything I have in my mind down, but I fear this is already chaotic. So I will end this. Any Indie authors feel free to share your stories!

2 comments:

  1. Holly, awesome blog! I just read a few of your posts. I learned so much about you. I didn't know you had that many books. That is so great that you have someone close to you helping with edits. It is super important. And I definitely fell in love with Book Junkies! Everyone is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete