Sunday, March 4, 2012

Author Interview with Peter Hindley

Author Interview with Peter Hindley


Fictitious Chronicles had the pleasure of interviewing author, Peter Hindley. He is one of the authors of the book: The Perfect Crime a story of truth or fantasy.

We asked Peter to tell us a little about himself and this is what he had to say:

I was born in Kent, England and spent my formative years living on the outskirts of London.

Now I am pleased to say that my home is here in France surrounded by new and true friends who have accepted me and taught me so much about the priorities in life; and I am very blessed to be living in an area that I have grown to love. I am home at last.

Five years ago I had the chance to leave the UK and start a new life in Southern France, this was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I bought a house just outside a quiet village and although I had planned to live a quiet life; events took over and now I seldom have time to catch up.

When I moved here my intention was to walk to the village to buy bread, shut the gates and quietly write. But that tranquil life never happened; something far better did.

I started a dance class in the village as a ‘thank you’ for the welcome the people here have given me but certain parties created problems so I decided to stop that and now just coach a couple who compete in Ballroom dance competitions. This has resulted in me visiting many places in France and Spain as an observer and jury member of competitions, and gaining many more friends in both countries.

Do you have a full time job? I will answer, tongue in cheek: ‘No, I do not have time for such luxuries’, or alternatively ‘give me a break, there are not enough hours in the day, or days in the week, as it is.’

When did you first start writing the book?

It was in March 2002, my brother died in unconventional circumstances, namely 4 or more places within his home and what followed did not conform to the normal in so many ways. That was when I started to record everything that followed that was linked to his death. Did he die naturally or was he helped in some way in unclear: Even today as I write this I have still not discovered what happened to him around the time of his death. Two or three people certainly do know the truth, but for whatever their reasons, they remain silent regarding what really happened that day in the spring of 2002.

The story develops into a complex journey of discovery and a far reaching exposé (we do name and shame) within the United Kingdom.

If this all sounds very heavy and dull you would be mistaken because although the various subjects included may be serious, I have deliberately added pieces which should make the reader laugh. There are mentions of the paranormal. There are also many questions asked of the reader so they too become part of the journey; they become the detective. The result of this is that I have been frequently told “The Perfect Crime …” is a compelling read.

Last year we gained a piece of information which was the perfect ending for this book and we did manage to finish this book and it was published last October. You will notice that I use ‘we’ in the previous sentence because my co-author and niece, Susan Goodsell, has in recent years, contributed to the creation of this book: It must be said that we work remarkably well together.

Our story did not end on page 293 of “The Perfect Crime….” so now the sequel has been started. Work on that continues as time allows because now there is the promotion of published book to add to my lengthening ‘to do’ list.

Do I you experience writer’s block?

Perhaps yes, but when it feels right to put words on paper they flow readily; I just use the technique I use for everything in my life: I follow my intuition knowing that if I do not, things go very wrong.

Is there an author who has influenced you?

An author no, but I enjoy words. I had an uncle who was extremely precise in his diction and use of the English language; one of his most frequent questions was “What exactly do you mean by that Peter?” He would use it whenever there was even the slightest ambiguity. Then one day I asked him the same question, that made him collapse with laughter; it must have been a first time he had someone asked that question of him.

Is there an author you would particularly like to meet?

It would be the true crime writer Gary C King, simply because since publishing the book we have met and communicated via the internet and he now feels like a genuine friend.

Are there any authors that have grabbed your interest recently?

Several have but one which I found particularly interesting was Lynne McTaggart and her book “The Bond” as it contains many concepts which could change the way we look at the world around us.

Who designed the book cover?

Nicole Kuhn; it was organised by the publishers and I think Nicole did a splendid job: It captures something of the essence of the book. To be honest when I first saw the cover I was very surprised and it shocked me to my core, but now I feel it is superb, it could not be better.

Do you have advice to give to other writers?

Here I would give the same answer no matter what subject I was asked about, that is: Do what feels right for you. Remember that any form of copying dilutes and degrades, so be yourself and be original.

Hot news: the book is being translated into French.

A look at the book:

BLURB:

Events have accurately been recorded since the time of Alan’s death; they combine to reveal an intriguing story. Did he die naturally or was he helped in some way? Has a crime or two taken place? Some may think so. Maybe there is a conspiracy. If so, how far it may extend is unclear. Nothing is quite as it should be.

This unique book evolves from a simple account to a vast scandalous exposé, a true and topical account showing a fascinating view of human nature, society, and the establishment in the United Kingdom. Many questions are posed for the reader and evidence is laid bare as you take a journey of discovery.

The story and writing style changes drastically as the twists and turns in the narrative expose themselves. Ultimately it reaches a logical end, but that is not the end of the story. A sequel is already underway.


“The Perfect Crime a story of truth or fantasy” by Peter Hindley & Susan Goodsell

Blog: www.howsafeisawillintheuk.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/peter.hindley3

Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/snakehips99

Publishers: www.rosedogbookstore.com

Available via RoseDog Books, Amazon and elsewhere

Available as paperback and Kindle etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment