Thursday, November 17, 2011

What if failure was not an option?


If failure was not an option, what would you do?
If failure was not an option I probably would do one of two things. I would participate in a Ufc fight against the biggest and best rebel there was. If I wasn’t going to fail I would have the guts to go into battle. The thrill of taking the other person down. The roar of the crowd. That incredible feeling after a conquest, it would all be worth it. The stress that would be discharged punch after punch would be wonderful. What a thrill. And what an experience that would be.

As for a more serious response to this question. I would say I would cure all the diseases that had no cures. That way we didn't have to imagine a life of grief from the loss of loved ones. What a relief it would be if you could live without stressing about illnesses. Without having your parents, kids, aunts, uncles, friends etc taken away from you because of a disease. But the truth about this is, no matter what you thrive at, there is always something else. If I could cure all diseases that would fix the massive amount of problems the world faces, but sadly, not everything. And I don't believe anything could ever just be perfect and so simple.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Holly Hood

If failure wasn’t an option…
I would begin by being brave. Almost everyone is afraid of something, and I am no exception. I would start with climbing the ladder to the top step…Kidding! Although that is a horrible fear of mine.
If I couldn’t fail, I would seek to prove the one question that has always plagued mankind. That Heaven and Hell, angels and demons, and God really do exist. That after all of this, there is something more. Something to look forward to. Something to not be afraid of. That death is only the beginning of something much bigger and more beautiful than our wildest imaginings. And that when we lose someone we care about, they are never really lost, but merely a breath away.
If I couldn’t fail, I would dare to be happy. With all that life throws at us, it’s easy to lose your way and wallow in self-pity or despair. But I would chose to look for the silver lining and to help others see it for themselves so they could be happy, too.
“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” ~ Marcus Aurelius 

Brandi Salazar


No comments:

Post a Comment