Wednesday, November 16, 2011

LOVE this series!!

I'm going to make this short and simple.

Once upon a time in a realm far far away....
The king and queen of Elden were vanquished by the Blood Sorcerer, but before they met their demise, they scattered their four children far and wide only to return again when the time was right, kill the sorcerer, and reclaim their royal heritage in a war to end all war.

Reda is a woman with a lot of baggage that causes her to question everything, including her own heart. But one thing she believes in (at least she's pretty sure she does) is the story her mother raised her on. The story of Little Red Riding Hood...the Elden version. Always holding out for her prince charming, Reda finds just what she is looking for when a magical book tears her away from the world she knows and plops her in a very unfamiliar place where the terrible--and breathtaking-- sights from her mother's story come to startling life.

Dayn is cursed to the wolfyn realm where he awaits his guide that is destined to help him end the curse and regain his kingdom. And when Reda arrives he gets far more than he bargained for.

This is the first book I have read by this author, and I loved her writing. I initially started this series because I love Gena Showalter, and I have been following it ever since. I can't say I am disappointed. I loved Dayn. He was charming and sweet, caring and tender, and fierce and protective. Everything a woman wants, right? I liked that he had his vulnerabilities as much as Reda and, in the end, needed her as much as she needed him, if not more so. Theirs was a heartwarming love that left me breathless. I was so invested in the characters that it drew out my emotions and when the end came and I found that I had to get the next in the series to find out the TRUE ending, I wanted to scream. So, obviously I lied when I said this would be short, but darn it, it was good! I'm glad it's part of my straining collection of books.*pets cover lovingly* 


Rating: 5 hearts!


Lord of the Wolfyn @ Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment